Royal Camp Services has been the top remote camping and catering business in Western Canada for more than 30 years. From large camp projects requiring hundreds of clients to small camps with just a few people, we offer food and hospitality solutions.
In order to keep the camp running well for our clients, a Kitchen General Helper is in charge of assisting the kitchen with a variety of task.
Kitchen General Helper / Dishwasher Job In Canada
|Title||Kitchen General Helper/Dishwasher|
|Company Name||Royal Camp Services Ltd|
Job duties can include but are not limited to the following:
- Stocking, stocking, and refilling food and supplies in the kitchen and dining areas. Cleaning, peeling, and wrapping food.
- Sweeping and mopping; wiping down tables and counters
- Make sure that all of the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning duties are finished.
- Make sure food standards are adhered to as well as food quality, safety (including disclosing any food allergies), and standards.
- Follow all safety guidelines and instructions as necessary for the task, the use of the equipment, or the PPE
- Attend Toolbox/Tailgate meetings, finish daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and identify hazards
- Help with the grocery truck’s unloading
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Albertans who are local candidates are preferred
- Having worked in a kitchen for a year before is advantageous.
- Must hold a current Standard First Aid certification and a Food Safety Certificate that has been certified by Alberta Health Services
- Must be able to provide own transportation to Grande Prairie and/or Edmonton-based dispatch sites.
- Be able to submit at least two references from your professional work
- Attention to detail is necessary
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills that are strong (including reading, writing, and speaking English)
- Must be able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Willing to work a variety of shifts, including but not limited to 21-7, 10-4, 9-5, and 14-7
- Ability to work a split shift, night shift, day shift, or afternoon shift
What We Offer:
- Promotional opportunities within the company and culinary apprenticeships are available.
- A strong safety culture that places a focus on education and awareness to ensure your return home safely.
- Competitive industry earnings that are higher than those for comparable jobs in cities.
- Coworkers with high performance levels who can assist you succeed and fit in at a remote camp.
Because of the safety-related nature of our jobs, we need candidates to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test as well as site-specific training.
Telephone inquiries, walk-ins, and/or faxed resumes will not be accepted due to the volume of applications received.
What is the job responsibilities of kitchen helper?
In kitchens, restaurants, clubs, fast food restaurants, and catering businesses, a kitchen helper cleans and sanitises kitchen equipment, helps with basic food preparation, and helps with receiving and storing supplies. They are familiar with standard kitchen procedures and best practises for food storage.
What is a dishwasher job description?
Hand-washes or uses dishwashers to clean all utensils, including pots, pans, flatware, and glasses. puts and stores clean tools, dishes, and utensils correctly in designated storage spaces. provides the essential dishes and utensils for serving stations, cabinets, refrigerators, and other designated spaces.
What is a kitchen helper called?
A cook’s assistant may have the job title of assistant cook, assistant chef, or food service worker depending on the employer. Many restaurants use a cook’s assistant to help them swiftly prepare meals so that patrons can be served on time. Another name for a chef assistant is a cook helper.
What are the skills of a kitchen assistant?
- Prior experience working in a kitchen.
- Solid understanding of food safety laws.
- Physically capable of standing for the duration of shifts.
- Ability to operate as a team and under pressure.
- Outstanding verbal communication abilities.
- Organisational and time management abilities.
What skills do I need to be a dishwasher?
- Equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Little job history.
- Strong communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding time management abilities.
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds while standing or walking for 8 hours.
- A readiness to follow all food safety regulations.
How do you describe dishwasher on resume?
Include your top abilities, such as knowledge of restaurant operations, time management, and safety and hygiene standards. List your current and former employments, and briefly describe each position. Be careful to highlight any technical expertise you may have, such as proficiency with Microsoft Office or commercial dishwashing.
Why do you want to work as a kitchen assistant?
“This restaurant has a good reputation in the neighbourhood, which is why I wanted to apply for the post of kitchen assistant there. I want to be affiliated with a restaurant that looks out for its staff and gives its patrons excellent food and service.
Why do you want to be a dishwasher?
Mention how you love to eat and think working at this particular restaurant will teach you a lot. Say you would be pleased to represent this restaurant because you value the quality of the food and the level of service they provide. Say that you find pressure to be a challenge that you like.
How to Apply?
If any candidates are interested in these jobs in Canada, send your CV to apply now button given bellow.
All jobs information belonging to jobs provider. JobsForRozee.com is not providing these jobs. Contact and send all informational documents to the provider at your own risk. We are not responsible. Thank you