If you are a critical care intensivist looking for new opportunities, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) could be an exciting destination. In recent years, the UAE has experienced significant growth in its healthcare sector, with new hospitals, clinics, and medical centers opening across the country. As a result, the demand for skilled medical professionals has increased, including for critical care intensivists.
This article aims to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the critical care intensivist job in UAE. We will discuss everything from the job description and requirements to the salary and benefits, as well as some frequently asked questions. So, let’s get started!
Introduction: What is a Critical Care Intensivist?
Before we delve into the specifics of the critical care intensivist job in UAE, let’s first define what a critical care intensivist is. A critical care intensivist is a medical doctor who specializes in the care of patients with life-threatening illnesses or injuries. They work in intensive care units (ICUs) and provide round-the-clock care to patients who require close monitoring and advanced treatments.
The responsibilities of a critical care intensivist include:
- Diagnosing and treating patients with life-threatening illnesses or injuries
- Administering advanced treatments, such as mechanical ventilation, hemodialysis, and continuous renal replacement therapy
- Communicating with other medical professionals, including nurses, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists, to ensure coordinated care
- Providing emotional support to patients and their families during a difficult time
- Conducting research and participating in clinical trials to advance the field of critical care medicine.
Now that we have a clear understanding of what a critical care intensivist does, let’s move on to the critical care intensivist job in UAE.
Critical Care Intensivist Job in UAE: Overview
As mentioned earlier, the UAE is a growing destination for medical professionals, including critical care intensivists. The country has several private and government hospitals that require intensivists to provide quality care to their patients.
Here are some essential details regarding the critical care intensivist job in UAE:
The critical care intensivist job in UAE involves providing specialized care to patients in ICUs. The job responsibilities include:
- Diagnosing and treating patients with critical illnesses or injuries
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Developing and implementing treatment plans
- Performing advanced procedures, such as mechanical ventilation and hemodialysis
- Collaborating with other medical professionals to ensure coordinated care.
To become a critical care intensivist in UAE, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Medical degree from a recognized institution
- Completion of a residency program in critical care medicine
- Board certification in critical care medicine from a recognized institution
- A valid medical license from the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) or Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA)
- Fluency in English (Arabic language skills are desirable)
Salary and Benefits
The salary of a critical care intensivist in UAE depends on several factors, including experience, qualifications, and location. However, on average, a critical care intensivist in UAE can expect to earn around AED 50,000 to AED 70,000 per month.
The benefits package offered by employers in UAE is also attractive and includes:
- Health insurance for the employee and their family
- Annual leave of up to 30 days
- Paid sick leave
- Relocation allowance
- Housing allowance.
1. What is a Critical Care Intensivist?
A Critical Care Intensivist is a physician who specializes in the management of critically ill patients. They work in ICU settings and provide life support to patients with life-threatening conditions such as respiratory failure, sepsis, and multi-organ failure.
2. What are the educational requirements to become a Critical Care Intensivist in UAE?
To become a Critical Care Intensivist in the UAE, you must have completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from a recognized institution. After that, you need to complete a residency program in Internal Medicine, which usually takes three years. After completing your residency, you will need to undertake a fellowship program in Critical Care Medicine, which takes an additional two years to complete.
3. What are the skills required to become a Critical Care Intensivist in UAE?
To become a successful Critical Care Intensivist in UAE, you must have excellent critical thinking skills, decision-making skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. You must also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team. You must be well-versed in the latest medical technology and procedures used in critical care medicine.
4. What is the average salary of a Critical Care Intensivist in UAE?
The average salary of a Critical Care Intensivist in the UAE varies depending on the level of experience, qualifications, and the hospital or healthcare facility you work for. However, on average, a Critical Care Intensivist in UAE can expect to earn anywhere between AED 40,000 to AED 80,000 per month.
5. What are the job prospects for Critical Care Intensivists in UAE?
The demand for Critical Care Intensivists in the UAE is high, and the job prospects are excellent. With the growing population and the ever-changing healthcare landscape, the demand for critical care medicine is only going to increase in the coming years.
6. What are the working conditions like for Critical Care Intensivists in UAE?
Critical Care Intensivists in UAE work in ICU settings, which can be challenging and demanding. They often work long hours and have to deal with critically ill patients who require round-the-clock care. However, the work can also be incredibly rewarding, as Critical Care Intensivists get to play a vital role in saving lives and providing life support to patients in need.
How to Apply?
If any candidates are interested in these jobs in UAE, send your CV to apply now button given bellow.
All jobs information belonging to jobs provider. JobsForRozee.com is not providing these jobs. Contact and send all informational documents to the provider at your own risk. We are not responsible. Thank you